Friday, April 27, 2007

Nonno and Marilyn came to visit

Something very exciting happened at our house just before Easter - Nonno and Marilyn came to visit, all the way from Australia. We did heaps of cool stuff together, so I wanted to show you a few pictures. This first one is from Lucerne. We went there the day after they arrived, and I wasn't quite sure about them then (it had been a long time since I saw them!) so you might notice that I'm not quite standing with them in this one. Mama had to do some trick photography to make it look like I was!


I am proud of this photo though, because I took it! Here are Nonno and Marilyn near the pool at the hotel we stayed at in Lugano. I loved this hotel because it was pink and because it had a pool. I told Mama that I didn't want to go back to Basel and that I wanted to go to this hotel for my birthday.

We had a great time in Lugano, especially because I turned every little step or paving pattern or fence or rail into something to play with or something to make a game out of. Here I am doing wheeeeeees down the stairs. Speaking of wheeeeees, they speak Italian in Lugano, so Nonno taught me a few words. One day we were on the funicular coming down a very steep hill and I asked "how do you say 'wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee' in Italian?!?"

I loved stopping for coffee with my Nonno. He would ask the waitress to make a babycino especially for me, and even explain how to make it, because they don't normally have them here.


Marilyn came to watch my ballet lesson and she took this photo for me. Now you can see me in action!


Before Nonno came, I told him on the phone that I wanted to plant tomatoes and flowers with him. We spent ages looking for tomato plants, but then we found out it was too early to plant them here. Amazingly, just before Nonno was about to leave, we found some! Nonno did a very good job of planting them in pots on the roof. Of course I was a big help too.

Now we just have to make sure that they keep growing! I will keep you posted!

No comments: