You won't believe it, but I'm 4 now! And being a 4 year old sure is good. I have had the best couple of days. First, on the weekend, I went to my friend Nepheli's birthday party. I had the best time there, and even got my face painted by a clown!Next, I had a HUGE surprise. My Noni flew all the way from Australia to be here in time for my birthday! And she didn't even tell me she was going to! She didn't tell my Mama either, and we were both stunned. When I woke up on Monday morning and saw my Noni lying in the bed in the spare room all I could do was shake my head and say "what a funny surprise!"
We had yummy food and party games and even a ladybird birthday cake.
All my friends sang Happy Birthday to me - first in English, then in Italian, then in French and then in German! It was very Swiss!!! Then my friend Ariane blew out the candles for me, which everyone else thought was very funny. I wasn't so sure. Luckily I got to blow them out myself straight after. Mama and I made this pinata for all the kids to hit.
We filled it up with lollies and little toys and I loved gathering them all up once they fell out.

The next day was my real birthday and I got to have cake all over again at the Kinderhaus with my friends. Then I went to ballet and everyone sang to me there, and at night we went to the sports club for a swim and dinner. Today I slept and slept. Being a 4 year old is hard work!
3 comments:
Hi Yasmin, You don't know me but my name is Robyn.I'm a friend of your Noni Sue in Australia. I'm a grandmother too and I have two grandsons Matthew and Flynn and a granddaughter Kate who is two and a half. She would sure love to play with you if you visit here.
Your birthday cake looks great. I have to make Flynn a racing car cake for his 5th birthday this Saturday.
thanks for all the news on your website and don't spoil your Noni too much whilst she's staying with you!
Bye
Robyn Bogdanis
Happy Birthday, Yasmin!! Four already?? Wish we could have celebrated with you. How special to have your Noni there. Looks like you've made great friends in Basel. and that ladybug cake is quite impressive.
Happy Birthday Yasmin!
4 years old - wow. You will nearly be as old as me (8!).
Lots of Love
Harriet (UK)
Post a Comment