This afternoon I went under general anaesthetic again for a little operation to remove the catheter in my tummy. That was there for the dialysis I had last week.
I had to fast for 6 hours before the operation, which I wasn't too happy with, but when mama and dada explained it was all to help me get better, I calmed down a bit. I was wearing my "My Favourite Kitten" top before I had to put the surgery gown on and I chucked an absolute mental when mama took it off me. But then the nurse gave me some "Schnapps" (that is what they call it) and eventually I calmed down.
I was very brave when mama and dada left me to go into the operation room. I was smiling and very calm and even talked to the nurse a bit. I had my brave lion toy, an elephant named Humphrey that Harriet sent me from England, and my "whacker cushion" to keep me company.
I woke up back in my hospital room and mama and dada were right there already. I was hungry and thirsty and I've already eaten a lot of bread with butter, Salzstangen, apple and even a couple of pieces of chocolate.
The great news is that it looks like I'll be able to come home tomorrow (Friday) morning. Dada is going to come to pick me up and we'll drive back together from Cologne in our nice, but filthy dirty, black Volvo. Maybe there will be some surprise visitors for me there!
I have received so many cards and presents from people, it's been really great. Every one I open I really appreciate! I get excited every time dada brings a letter or a card in. I asked dada to list them all for you, but he's not great with that kind of thing (something to do with premature memory loss, whatever that means), but I'm sure mama will be able to fill you in next week.
We see the Professor next Tuesday to talk about what is going to happen next. Some kids get some nasty ongoing problems from what I've had, but let's hope I'll be all clear. He'll also tell us what we need to look out for in future.
Well, next time I post on my blog, I will hopefully be at home. Yay.
Thursday, June 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment