Saturday, May 27, 2006

Nurses and doctors scare me

My days are getting better, but at the moment I am terribly scared when the doctors and nurses come in still. I can't stop crying until they leave. I hope I can go home soon.

I am starting to get back to normal in terms of sleeping. Today I only slept for a couple of hours during the day and went to sleep around 9:30 at night. That is more like the normal me.

Tonight too, dada carried me outside for a little while to smell the fresh air and see the rain. It has been cold and rainy the whole time I have been sick. The week before I got sick it was 25 degrees and sunny every day.

Anna came to visit me today. We watched the German puppet DVD she bought me. I have basically been watching this non-stop for 3 days, but I keep asking for more and more! Anna likes watching it too. She brought a nice Pippi Longstocking book for me too and some presents for mama and dada. She's coming again on Monday and that'll be great.

My face has gotten really puffy because there is now more fluid going into me than coming out. But today my haemoglobin level went up from 5.7 to 6.0 - (at 5.0 you need a blood transfusion), so soon they should be able to stop the drips, which would be great for me.

But even better will be when I stop seeing doctors and nurses and I can go home.

No word yet on when my operation will be. I'll let you know.

No comments: