Well, most of this afternoon I just rested. I listened to my Noni read a nice story about rainbows that my friends Jane, Paul and Tom had sent me from Australia. I got some nice presents from lots of my other friends, best flayers and family in Perth. Then I watched a little bit of Hairy McLary. Most of the time I just slept though.
I'm a bit tired from all the action of the last few days. Today was the first day that nobody put any needles in me for a while, although I still get some little pricks on my finger for blood.
I still can't eat any food and I just have little sips of water. These still make me throw up, but the nice doctor I met in intensive care says this is understandable and that mama and dada shouldn't worry too much.
One of the head doctors, who was a lot older than the others, said that my urea levels were almost the highest he had ever seen when I came to the hospital. We think that must be why everyone made such a fuss of me when I first came in. One doctor even said "wow" when he saw my chart - mama didn't like him.
Mama is doing really well, despite being a bit stressed. Last night, every time she went to sleep either I would wake up wanting water, or a machine would go "BING!" or a nurse would come in. I hope tonight will be a bit better for us.
I'm off dialysis now and the doctors are still happy with how much wee I am doing. So that's good. I'm still hooked up to a couple of drips and a catheter to catch my wee. It's annoying, but I don't usually try to rip them off - unlike my respirator and the tube up my nose that I had after my operation. I tore them out and the nurses said "yay" because it showed I was being feisty.
Dada says most of the signs are positive, but there's still a long way to go and I have to keep being his "little toughie". I think it will help now that I can have full days of relaxing a bit more.
Tuesday, May 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment