Monday, May 22, 2006

Out of intensive care

This morning I got moved out of intensive care and into my own room. No other kids are going to share with me because I'm a little bit contagious. The doctors are trying to find out why I got sick.

I've been awake a lot more today and I have even had a couple of smiles, which mama and dada love to see. But still the nurses bug me a lot with all their blood samples and prodding. It's all a bit boring but tonight I watched a little bit of a Hairy McLary DVD and listened to some books.

Mama is taking great care of me. I really love that I can call her at any time and she is there for me. Dad disappears from time to time to "do things" - like today he went out and brought my Nana and Nonni back. It was nice to see them although I'm not quite well enough to play yet.

The doctors say I am doing very well considering how sick I was. Getting out of intensive care was a good step, but there's still a long way to go.

No comments: